About MeWeight Loss JourneyGlam!Whats CookinFamily Life

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year = Better Habits


Happy New Year!!

I must say that last year was filled with lots of ups and downs but through it all I made progress in my journey to lose weight. I learned/ am still learning about what works and what doesn’t work for my body. I know that this year, I must go to the next level in my efforts to get rid of this weight.

One of my weight loss mentors said that one doesn’t need to be motivated to lose weight, motivation is based on emotions and emotions are fickle. You should make weight loss a habit like your personal hygiene. You wouldn’t go a day without brushing your teeth or showering, you should think of exercising the same way. If I want to succeed in my efforts, I MUST, I MUST, I MUST be persistent with making exercise a priority and a daily habit. Will I lose ALLLLL the weight that I was aiming to lose by my birthday (April 2)? Definitely not, but I will be one step closer to making this weight loss a lifestyle change instead of a temporary fix.

No comments: