About MeWeight Loss JourneyGlam!Whats CookinFamily Life

Monday, June 8, 2009

Eating Better

As of late, I've been researching The Zone Diet and The Belly Fat Cure and incorporating principles of each within my diet. There's an LHCF member that lost 30 pounds in two months on The Belly Fat Cure and another member who has lost 5 pounds in 7 days so far on The Zone Diet. In researching both diets, I'm realizing the importance of protein, good carbs and limiting my sugar intake to feel fuller and to also eliminate certain food cravings.
The critical one key to The Belly Fat Cure is knowing how to eat the right quantity of sugar and carbs. The bottom line goal is to eat no more than 15 grams of sugar and 6 servings of carbs (one serving of carbs is anything that has 5-20 grams of carbs).

The Zone Diet is about balancing your hormones within a specific range to control hunger on fewer calories while still getting the proper nutrients your body needs for long-term health. With the right balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats, you can control three major hormones generated by the diet – insulin, glucagon and eicosanoids.

I'm not expecting great miracles, but within both diets, I've seen realistic approaches that I can utilize that will help me on this weight loss journey.

No comments: