About MeWeight Loss JourneyGlam!Whats CookinFamily Life

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My First Colonic Experience

I made an appointment about a month and a half ago (the place I went to has sooo much business that it took this long to get in). I couldn't eat 2 hours prior to the procedure so I ate my lunch around noon. I get to the office, then get called to the back where the nurse weighs me and explains the procedure. She tells me that I am to put on the gown, straddle the table and insert the lubricated tube "in there". She leaves to give me privacy to do my business. Confident that I can do it, I get undressed, put on the gown (open in the front) and lay down to insert the tube. That sucker wouldn't budge!! I tense up and have to wait on her to come back to help me. After she gets it "in there" and tells me that my gown is on wrong, she explains that I need to massage my stomach to "wake up" my colon. She shows me the mirror so that I can see when the water is flushing out my colon and what it is I'm getting rid of. She starts the water and tells me to hold it (kinda like holding gas) for 20-30 seconds. At this point, I'm thinking, "I can handle this, easy!". She leaves and it goes good for about 5 minutes...UNTIL

I feel a diarrhea-like urge come over my entire body that makes me feel weak. It gets extremely difficult each time I have to hold the water. When I look in the mirror I see little chunks of waste coming out. The longer the hold, the more you expel.

I manage to finish the procedure but afterwards I feel drained and completely out of energy. Not a good feeling but I go to the restroom to sit on the toilet because I'm still having those diarrhea-like urges and DON'T want to have an accident. After about 5 minutes nothing ever comes out so I get dressed and the nurse briefs me on what to eat and what not to eat in the days to follow. I am to drink plenty of juices, electrolyte restoring liquid, take acidophillus tablets and eat chicken, turkey and fish (no pork or beef for me lately anyway) .

Sooo would I do this again? Definitely!! Even after feelin exhausted through and after the procedure, I lost ounces. There's still water that my body is holding onto so I'm sure there will be poundage lost. I've been to the restroom so many times since making it home that I've lost track. Whether or not I lose weight isn't my biggest concern, I'm happy with getting rid of the debris that was trapped in my colon.

4 comments:

Nadege said...

I had my first experience not too long ago. After the session was complete there was this big football player looking guy in the waiting room with his head down looking scared to death. I told him it was o.k. and it wouldn't be that bad.....
Not sure he believed me.

Nyssa said...

LOL That's funny. I saw a video of an actual colonic at Hosanna Clinic and they used a big guy as the prop.

Anonymous said...

I wish to get this done one day...does this center have any other branches in the midwest area?


-msclassy

Nyssa said...

I'm not sure Ms. Classy. The place I went to here, is heavily advertised that's how I found out but the Hosanna place is just in NY I believe. Here's the link.
http://www.hosannacolonic.com/home.html