About MeWeight Loss JourneyGlam!Whats CookinFamily Life

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tabatas Interval Training



I'm not sure if I've already talked about my interest in Tabatas.... Not familiar with it? Tabata intervals consist of 20 seconds work, followed by 10 seconds of rest. You repeat this sequence 7 more times for a total of 8 rounds, or 4 minutes of pain! Tabata workouts are usually constructed with 3-6 exercises performed one after each other. Since I'm a beginner, I'm going to do Jumping Jacks (or running in place) to start out. There are many Youtube videos out with different exercises you can do. I am going to use an application from the App Store on my Ipod so that I don't miss my queue. The great thing about the app is that it plays over the music you're playing. I'll be sure to post if it's something I can stick with or something I need to work my way up to. I can't wait to try this out!

No comments: