About MeWeight Loss JourneyGlam!Whats CookinFamily Life

Monday, August 22, 2011

I Was Trying, BUT NOW I'm......

Prior to getting pregnant, I wanted to lose weight. Now, my struggle is to lose that weight and the weight I put on while pregnant. My long-term goal is to lose 100 pounds. I’m not quite sure, how much my short-term goal should be. Maybe 30????

To help conquer this issue, I started Intermittent Fasting in June; so far I’ve lost 7 pounds w/o consistently exercising. During the week, I would basically fast a minimum of 16 hours and have an eight-hour window in which I can eat. On the weekends, I would do 19 hours of fasting and have a 5-hour eating window. The weekends were sooo much easier for me, because I’m normally really busy and hardly have time to think about eating. It’s really up to each individual to set time limits based on what works for their lifestyle.

For a while, this way of eating was a perfect fit. I’ve never been the type that NEEDED to eat breakfast (except when I was pregnant), so skipping it, wasn't a big deal for me. The purpose of Intermittent Fasting is to give the digestive system a break. During the fasting time, your body eats stored fat. During my eating window, I'd tend to eat healthier so that I could make sure that I’m getting all the nutrients that my body needs for healthy weight loss. One can create a major calorie deficit by eating this way. I learned the foundation to my approach to Intermittent Fasting by going here.

After trying Intermittent Fasting, I'm ready to try well-balanced structured meals....

No comments: